The Holidays Beach Camping
Last weekend we trekked up to San Clemente for some beach camping with our friends The Holidays. We scored the whole campground to ourselves so we invited a few friends along, The Hendrix Family, The Bink & Boo crew & Dr. Cassidy's babes. This group of kids is our son Gram's favorite little crew so I'm pretty sure his little mind was blown getting to have so much hang time with them!
The Holidays is a camping community in San Clemente with a few fully-stocked vintage trailers you can rent. They're located just up the hill from the beach in a campground area that's near mostly tent campers.
Our tips for a fun-filled beach camping trip at The Holidays:
- Book early! Their campground is crazy popular and tends to sell out. You definitely need to plan and book in advance.
- Better together: if you can reserve a couple of trailers with friends or family, it's a super fun way to get out of town together. If not, you'll probably make fast friends with your fellow campers!
- Good eats: we did a potluck dinner where everyone brought sides and their own grill items. That made it easier on everyone as far as dietary restrictions.
- Get toasty: They have a fire pit that's perfect for nighttime campfire stories and s'mores. Make sure to pack your s'mores roasting skewers and bring firewood to burn!
- Beach it: You'll probably want to make the trek down the hill to the beach for the day where there isn't much shade so bring a beach umbrella, blanket, towels and lots of sunscreen!
We had so much fun and can't wait to head back again! Thanks to our friends at The Holidays for having us!