For Black Bean Mix:
- 2 cups of black beans OR (1) 15 ounce can
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1/2 cup of fresh salsa (I bought mine in the prepared section of Whole Foods but like this brand too)
First, pre-heat your oven to 425. Next, make the black bean mix. If you're using my recipe for black beans, you don't need to add more chili powder/cumin. If you're using canned or un-flavored beans, definitely spice those babies up. Put all of these ingredients in a Vitamix or other blender/food processor.
Put It All Together:
- 2 frozen corn meal pizza crusts -- Vicolo pizza crusts are THE BEST (if you can't find these at your Whole Foods, you can use organic/non-GMO corn tortillas)
- Black bean mix
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese (organic/non-hormone-treated preferably)
- Sliced tomato (3 to 4 slices per pizza)
- 1/4 cup pepitas
Spread the black bean mix onto your corn meal crust then sprinkle 1/2 cup of goat cheese on top of the black bean mix on each pizza. Add your tomato slices and sprinkle on your pepitas. Place in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes -- until the edges of your pizza crust are slightly browned.
- 1 cup of sliced cabbage
- 1 avocado
Let your pizza cool slightly after removing from the oven. Then top each pizza with 1/2 cup of cabbage & 1/2 of your avocado. Muy delicioso!
FOLLOW ME HERE TOO: INSTAGRAM | TWITTER | TUMBLR | PINTEREST